Thursday, July 2, 2009

JuNe... Please pray for Dan...

Found out the beginning of June that I was going to be released as the assistant cub scout master in our ward to be called into the young women's program. I am now the Mia maid advisor. Yay! I am actually very excited! I have seriously never felt more strongly and more comfortable about a calling in my whole life. I know this is where I am supposed to be. Crazy, but I actually knew that I was going to be called into YW before anyone even called me. Weird, I know. Coincidence, I don't think so... I was just driving home from work one day and the words "you are going to be called into young women's" popped into my head. I seriously thought I was going crazy, until I got home and got a phone call from the ward clerk asking me if I could meet with the bishop Sunday afternoon at 12. So far so good. I love it.

Then came the end of June. I found out my brother has colon cancer. !?!?! Huge shocker. Still a huge shocker, to be honest. He is too young. Way too young, just barely turned 30. They surgically took out 12 inches of his colon. He will have to do Chemo treatments because it has spread to his lymph nodes. PLEASE PRAY FOR DAN!!! Any prayers would help tremendously!!!

2 comments:

EA said...

That is exciting that you get to be in YW! I've always wanted to do that, but I also love being with the kiddos in primary, too.

So sorry to hear that your brother has cancer. That is scary. I hope everything turns out okay and the surgery and chemo is successful. Even though I don't know him, we will definitely keep him in our prayers.

Kristen Brady said...

I love the YW!!! I'm so sorry about your brother! Please keep us informed, and let us know if we can do anything!