Monday, October 26, 2009

No fun...



As many of you know, my brother Dan got diagnosed with stage 3c colon cancer back in June of this year. It has been quite the journey already as he has had reactions to the chemotherapy he has received. During the last few months I have really come to realize how grateful I am for my good health. Today, was another one of those grateful days.

Yesterday was prep day, needless to say, I did NOT feel well AT ALL. :( I must say that the colonoscopy PREP is a retched thing to go through. BUT all in all everything went well. I went in and they sedated me completely, the next thing I knew I woke up and it's all over with. I even left there with a clean bill of health. Dr. Heiner (and yes, that's his name! lol) told me that there was nothing abnormal and that everything checked out just fine. No polyps and no cancer. I definitely have peace of mind right now. I feel truly grateful for modern day medicine and technology. Have you ever thought about where you or your family would be without it? We are truly blessed to have such great doctors and professionals out there.

5 comments:

shelly said...

I'm so glad it's all over with and that you don't have any problems!

Tracie said...

Whew! Glad to hear everything was ok and you made it through that lovely procedure.

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

Yeah Suzanne! That is so nice to get results that fast instead of waiting for days or weeks. I am glad everything went okay. We were thinking of you lots!

EA said...

What a relief! Good for you for being proactive!
I work with a lady who had leukemia and always talks about how important it is to get yearly physicals and get screened for cancer so that you can catch it early. It makes all the difference in the world!
Hope your brother recovers soon.

Kristen Brady said...

I'm SO happy that everything is good with you. Your brother is still in my thoughts. Let me know if you need anything. Love you.